From small satellite campuses to large urban universities, we understand the unique security challenges that exist within each unique facility. Our selection processes are tailored to each post-secondary institution’s culture and special features, so that we have security officers with the right fit for your organization.
Further, our training processes are designed to ensure that all security officers clearly understand their roles and functions within the campus environment. At PalAmerican, we provide significant additional training to ensure that our people are prepared not only for the day-to-day customer service aspects of their role, but also for those emergencies when a coordinated and timely response is critical.
We understand that the risk factors vary greatly depending on, among other factors, the location and type of campus, its layout and the student body makeup, so we focus in particular on open-structured buildings, parking lots, vehicle threats, food and drink establishments, property theft risks, student misconduct, university property and trespasser threats, in order to keep everyone safe.
Campus Security &
PalAmerican conducts a comprehensive security risk assessment prior to initiating formal security staff services. This assessment is multi-focused, with an emphasis on crime data, facility and staff security concerns, layout of the facilities, and historical security concerns.
College/University Security Services
- Campus activities security
- Residential life security
- Post-crisis campus preparedness and response
- Regulation and control of parking
- Student housing security
- Bike patrol
- Faculty and staff escort
- Cybersecurity awareness training
- K-9 bomb and drug detection
- Campus terrorism training and prevention
- Media and campus security training
- Campus patrol
- Campus emergency preparedness and response
- Event security and crowd control
Campus Security Officer (CSO) Roles and Responsibilities
- Campus administration/CSO relationships
- Effective communication with faculty, staff and students
- Campus law, policies and procedures
- Preventing entry of unauthorized persons
- Report writing for CSOs
- Role in supervising college activities
- Drug and bomb detection
- Role in special security issues, e.g., active shooter, campus violence
- Liaison with local law enforcement officials
- Role in campus safety and emergency planning
- Knowledge of the Clery Act and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Understanding substance and alcohol abuse
At PalAmerican Security, we take the time to understand the security challenges you face and help you develop an integrated program customized to address your individual situation. Contact us today to discuss your specific security requirements.